Gloves specifically designed for motorcycle riding will improve rider comfort and protection.
Motorcycle gloves generally have:
• A strengthened palm area shaped for riding.
• Knuckle protection.
• A fastener around the wrist to prevent sliding off (eg zipper and Velcro).
• An overlap with the jacket (gauntlet style)
JACKETS AND PANTS
Purpose-made motorcycle clothing provides better weather and crash protection than ordinary clothing.
In proper motorcycle gear you will almost certainly feel more comfortable.
Jacket and pants should:
• Be highly abrasion and tear resistant.
• Be tailored for a riding position.
• Completely cover your arms, legs and body.
• Secure around wrist, waist and ankles to prevent sliding up and exposing skin.
• Have impact and abrasion protection for your back, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees.
Like gloves, footwear designed for motorcycle riding will provide great comfort and protection.
Motorcycle footwear generally has:
• Strengthening in the instep between the ball of the foot and the heel.
• Ankle protection.
• Shin protection.
• A fastener around the leg to prevent sliding off. (eg zipper and Velcro).
• Have An overlap with the pants (boot style).
Other rider specific protective clothing includes:
• Back protectors to protect your spine in a crash.
• Kidney belts to support your lower back and reduce fatigue.