WARNING FLAGS / REFLECTORS
Where any load projects more than 150 millimetres to the side, or more than 300 millimetres to the rear, it must be marked by means of,
• a red flag or flags (300mm x 300mm) during the day, and
• retro reflectors at night, or
• any other time when persons and vehicles are not clearly visible due to unfavourable conditions. White retro reflectors to the front and red retro reflectors to the rear.
DRIVING ON DIVIDED PUBLIC ROAD
Whenever any public road has been divided into two or more roadways, no person shall drive/ride a vehicle upon such public road except upon the left hand roadway, unless directed or permitted by an appropriate road traffic sign or a traffic officer to use another roadway.
DRIVING ON LEFT SIDE OF ROADWAY
Any person driving a vehicle on a public road shall drive on the left side of the roadway and,
where the roadway is wide enough, in such manner as not to encroach on that half of the roadway to his or her right.
Provided that such encroachment shall be permissible -
• where it can be done without obstructing or endangering other traffic, or
• in compliance with a direction of a traffic officer or a road traffic sign.
When you become aware of other traffic proceeding in the same direction and wishing to pass your vehicle -
• drive as near to the left edge of the roadway as is possible, without endangering yourself, other traffic or property, and
• do not accelerate the speed of your vehicle until the other vehicle has passed.
When about to pass oncoming traffic, the driver of a motor vehicle must ensure that his/her vehicle does not encroach on the roadway to his/ her right in such manner as may obstruct or endanger such oncoming traffic.
The driver of a vehicle intending to pass a stationary bus must do so with due care for the safety of persons who are approaching or leaving or may approach or leave such bus.